Sunday, February 6, 2011

Blog Post 3

1. In the first video "A Vision of Students Today" I felt that there were many similarities to my life as a college student. I especially felt myself agreeing with the spill about text books. I am on a book scholarship from the University, and it still doesn't always cover my expenses. The most irritating part of this is that many of my professors never even use the books we are required to buy!
I am a busy college student who works part time and goes to class. The only difference I see in myself from this video is the time management. I live on a very scheduled calendar and have little time to just sit around. For the most part this video hits pretty close to home


2. The second post was "It's Not About the Technology". I found this post very interesting. I thought she brought about some very interesting points to think about. I loved her four important things concept. I always say a tacher must first be a learner, so I completely agreed with her on this thought. In order to educate children, one must be continuously learning.

I also liked her point that technology is useless without a good teacher. What is the good in having technology if no one knows how to use it? I think that teachers need to stay as updated as possible in order to take full advantage of the things new technology has to offer.


3. The third post was "Is It Okay to be Technologically Illiterate?" I found myself agreeing a lot with Mr. Fisch throughout this post. I absolutely think that one main reason that so many people are technologically illiterate is out of pure laziness. Many people have no desire to put forth any effort in order to learn something new.

Another reason people are technologically illiterate is because many people do not like new approaches to things. They are perfectly happy with old teaching methods and see no need for improvement. I think this is a sad approach to have, especially for educators. As teachers we should always be wanting to learn.

4.Finally, the last post "Social Media Count" showed some surprising statistics. It is amazing how quickly things become outdated. It can often be hard to stay up to date, but as educators it really is a necessity. I hope that in my upcoming years as an educator I am able to stay current and "in the know" in order to give my students the most useful advice.


Wordle: Wordle 2

3 comments:

  1. MANDY!!! I keep reading the wrong post! That's what I get for putting my comments for yall off so long! :-)

    Your blog looks very much like your personality, pink and cute. Haha.

    In your #2, you need to edit "tacher" to say teacher.

    I admire your time management skills, especially at so early in the game. I am now a senior and I am STILL struggling to know my limits and budget my time according to my commitments.

    You were very bold with you #3 statement that outdated teachers are lazy-- I may or may not agree :-), but I am curious to know what you are doing now to learn more than what is required of you. Yes, this is a question, What are you doing now to learn beyond the grade?

    I have subscribed to your post, and I recommend you subscribing by email to every post that you comment on. Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to reading your response to my question!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your comment about the text books! It's frustrating to me as well and i wish there were an easier way to avoid spending unnecessary money towards books you won't use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy, this is a nice post but I think you can make it brilliant. Expand more and let us know what you want to bring to teaching and your classroom. If you agree with a movie/article or if you don't. Tell us how you will get your kids intrigued. I love your response for "Is it Okay to be Technology Illiterate?" Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete