Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blog Post 6

The Networked Student-I found this video to be extremely interesting. In just five minutes, we get a good glimpse at what a 21st century teacher should know. It teaches you the idea of "the networked student". I liked How it showed all the different resources the student used. If we could learn to utilize all that was available to us, we could then teach our students how to be productive in a 21st century classroom.

I found myself taking notes on all of the websites referred to in the video. I saw the use of Delicious, Google Scholar, ItunesU, Skype, and many more. Until this semester, I had very little knowledge of most of the sites. I also liked that he utilized other students blogs as well as his own much like we are learning to do in this class.

Lastly, I liked how it talked about a teachers role in this student's life. It referred to her as a "modeler", "architect", and "synthesizer". I especially liked how it brought up the point that she praised him when he discovered something new. This use of info management was also very helpful. I hope that I am on my way to becoming a teacher of a networked student.

The PLE was so cool!! The fact that it was made by a 7th grade student was amazing. I took some good ideas from her PLE. It was so organized and useful.

Smart Board
argument for smart http://www.waukeshaschools.com/WIT/smartBoard/benefits.htm
I feel that smartboards are incredibly useful. They are much more interactive than a regular marker board. They are so useful and really get the kids involved.




3 comments:

  1. So will you be a "networked" teacher?

    Is your judgement about smartboards based on what you have read or what you have done with smartboards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that my judgement definitely comes from personal experience with the boards. The men in the video give very viable arguments; however, overall I have had very positive experiences with these boards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that I have experienced the teacher's side of creating Smart presentations I am not as big of a fan. I definitely have a clearer view of the arguments now.

    ReplyDelete