Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog Post 5

I was absolutely intrigued by the children's podcast on "Eagle's Nest Radio and Class Blog". The kids were so animated! I loved their podcast on Rome. They seemed very excited about what they were learning. I love that their teacher is teaching them to use this technology at such a young age.

In "100 Ways to Use Your ipod and Learn to Study Better" I learned so many useful tips for my ipod. I loved the use of the ipod for lesson plans. This would be so beneficial for a teacher who liked to stay organized by using technology. I also liked the reference to itunesU. This is actually the topic my group used for our podcast. I learned so many interesting things about how beneficial this site can be for students of all ages.

The Education Podcasting Network is such a useful site. It has many different podcast from educators all over the country. This gives educators an opportunity to seek ideas from teachers outside of their own school.

3 comments:

  1. Mandy,

    I am glad to hear that you found a lot of interesting things from the podcasts, and it is great that you learned a lot. However, from your post, I couldn't really tell what you learned. Could you please elaborate more on the podcasts, or say how you could use podcasts in your classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandy,

    I agree with you the students in "Eagle's Nest Radio and Class Blog" where absolutely adorable! I really enjoyed watching their podcasts. I think that it is wonderful that this group of kids are being introduced to technology at such a young age. I believe that this is something that needs to be done in more classrooms. I'm glad I got the chance to comment on your blog, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use podcast in my class as a way to get the kids more interactive in the classroom. They could make group podcast on different subjects that we studied.

    ReplyDelete