Sunday, April 10, 2011

Special Assignment Mr. McClung

1. By viewing Mr. Clung's blog, I feel that he really likes to "put the ball in the student's hands" so to speak. They really have a lot of control as to how they manipulate the blog. He is also very organized.
2. As an educator, he seems that he really wants his students to stay updated. He seems to push them harder than most teachers would. He is very modern.
3. His rules aren't necessarily your typical grade school rules. He gives his students a lot of trust and credit. I think this is a pretty smart classroom management. He doesn't pour rules over them; he just ask that they listen carefully. What a great idea!
4.  The day planner was the first thing listed. This is such an important tool because it teaches organization!
5. Mr. Clung is pretty strict on his students. This is actually pretty similar to Dr. Strange on a smaller scale. It definitely keeps his class in line.
6. He obviously is in his career for the right reason. While I couldn't get my comment on his blog to submit, I would like to tell him that his love for his students is to be admired. He is very organized and keeps his class updated.
7.  I first chose the plagiarism checker. I have actually heard of a similar tool before. It is neat and important because it teaches the class how serious it is to steal someone else's work.
I also investigated the twitter link. I think this was more of a fun link, but also very useful. It made a type of newspaper from the twitter account.
8. I thought his rules were pretty thorough. He pointed out some serious points to the children without scaring them. I would leave his rules as is.
9. I read the post on Egypt. I loved how the students were staying so involved in current events.
10.  To be honest, I had a hard time finding some things on his blog even though it was so organized. It was so detailed and more advanced than blogger. It would take me some time to learn to use his blog.
11. He made it useful to his parents by adding polls and such to answer questions about whether or not they are coming to events and such. It also keeps everyone updated on what's going on in the classroom.
12.  It is so advanced. I never felt like I was reading a child's blog. I honestly felt behind while looking through their webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment