Monday, March 28, 2011

Teach Someone Something

This was a presentation I made for another class using some of the skills I've learned in EDM310. I taught my MA201 Fractional division. This was a challenge to me because I've always be best at math. Therefore, it was hard for me to break down numbers for those who couldn't understand. I know that this will definitely be a challenge for me as a teacher, but I am working on it. Since giving this presentation, I have shown a few classmates how to use google presentation. They all agreed that this was much easier than trying to convert Powerpoint of Apple's Keynote to a compatible form. Through this project I taught math to the class via google presentation, as well as teaching classmates to use this type of presentation.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Glad you are finding some of the tools immediately useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy,

    This is great. I completely understand how difficult it is to sometimes break down information for other people when you already understand it. I have encountered this same problem in English. I am glad you find Google Presentations so easy, and Google can be helpful in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete